• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

scars on my wrists burn and sting everytime i yawn? wtf?

I<3 tabs

Bluelighter
So a little backstory: last month (around the beginning of may) I was all depressed and stuff and yea, tried to kill myself, i cut my wrists pretty good, they are still healing I believe idk.

But yea, for some reason everytime I yawn, the scars burn for the duration of the yawn. Its the wierdest thing idk what could be the cause of this

Any ideas?

Does it hurt your wrists if you take a deep breath?

I guess its just because your body kind of tenses when you yawn and this stretches the wound

this happens occasionally to me, although i have never cut myself.
i am no doctor but if i had to guess its just your nerve endings..
^the above poster could be right to, it may just be stretching the wounds, but if it was a month ago idk.. i still think it has something to do with your nerves..

off topic, good to hear youre still here.
i'm sorry for whatever troubles you may have.

This is why I have a lot of faith in reflexology and acupuncture. If I squeeze my big toe I feel a twinge in my side. I believe its all to do with the central nervous system being connected, as Super.Nova says.

I guess its just because your body kind of tenses when you yawn and this stretches the wound

Hmmm, makes sense. Its only if I yawn, sometimes they will burn outta nowhere for a few seconds then it will go away